A varied industrial base makes up Huntsville’s business sector, with several regionally-recognized firms and corporations calling our community home.
Historically, blue collar labor in the Town of Huntsville and Scott County has centered around the timber and coal mining industries. While those two markets remain a major player on the local economic scene, our work force has shifted towards manufacturing and other employment sectors.
Following are some of the firms and corporations that define the business community in Huntsville:
• Tennier Industries — A leading U.S. Military contractor specializing in fundamental gear for mission-critical environments. Website: www.tennierindustries.com
• Great Dane Trailers — A major player in the transportation industry; manufacturer of refrigerated, dry freight and platform trailers. Website: www.greatdanetrailers.com
• Miller Energy Resources — Oil and natural gas exploration, production and drilling company headquartered in Huntsville with a focus on the Appalachian basin and Alaska’s Cook Inlet. Website: www.millerenergyresources.com
• Baker Donelson — The nation’s 73rd leading law firm, founded in 1888 by James Baker, the grandfather of Huntsville resident and former U.S. Sen. Howard H. Baker, Jr. Website: www.bakerdonelson.com
• Scott Appalachian Industries — A 501(c)3 health care service agency founded in 1984 and currently employing nearly 200 workers. Website: www.go-sai.com
• Potter South East, LLC — Bridge, tunnel and elevated highway construction. Phone: 423-663-3370